Got me a site icon now, taken with permission from my sibling's art!
I should nab a bunch of their artwork to share here, especially since they offer prints.
Piece: Sad Girl (modified)
Artist: Devin Bailem (they/them)
Calamity Caitlin likes this.
99% of the time "Judeo-Christian" is antisemitic. And yes, I will absolutely elaborate on this if asked.
Credit: @Rabbit Cohen
Edit because this blew up far more than I expected and multiple people have asked for me to elaborate, here's a copy of my elaboration with follow up questions encouraged:
It's a messy topic and it's late here (I'm a bit sleepy), so feel free to ask follow up questions.
The short version of it is that Judeo-Christian is almost always used in one of two harmful ways:
1) To try and give more credibility and weight to something that is purely Christian by claiming that it's part of Judaism as well when it's not (like the above example, because Judaism explicitly permits abortions)
2) To try and talk about broader groupings of related faiths while ignoring the many other Abrahamic faiths (the proper term, though that one more often hurts the lesser known groups, don't use it unless you also know it applies to groups like the Baháʼí, which I'll admit even I know next to nothing about, but it's valid here because all I'm doing is naming their religious family)
Because many (cough most cough) teach a bastardized form of Judaism through the lens of Christianity, and because that's the only exposure many get to our faith... they get skewed harmful and hurtful ideas about us.
Some highlight examples:
* We don't have an established afterlife (we don't say there isn't one, we just have zero information on it if there is)
* We don't seek "eternal reward", the reward for our faith is being a better person than we were the day before
* We have forgiveness baked into our faith, and no it doesn't require animal sacrifice (it requires you to actually ask the person you wronged...)
* We thoroughly encourage arguing any topic with anyone (right time and place of course), and that includes picking a fight with God if you think they're wrong about something (you have a 99.9% chance of being wrong... but we commend the effort and every once in a while someone wins the argument)
* We have a rule, Pikuach Nefesh, roughly meaning that life is the highest commandment. Your well being takes precedence over your faith, if it would hurt you or others to be observant than you are exempt from that requirement. It's unacceptable to hurt others for your faith, and for yourself it's frowned upon
* We actively discourage conversion, it's allowed but it's not a trivial process. We don't want people to become Jews, we just want people to be better.
Soatok Dreamseeker, Luna :neofox_snug: :therian:, just adrienne, nuztalgia :lily_pansexual: :lily_autistic:, Daniel, Stop That, :labrys-ktngreen:₍ₖₜₜₜₜₜₙ🝠🜖🝤, Nora. Yep., Rich Felker, Johannes (Elite Globalist), wb x64, Claire, The Paw Offices of Wafferson & Walf, Nithin Coca నితిన్, ada, Max Harmony, Friar, Botch Frivarg, accredited witch doctor, Evan, ihaveahax, TeegeackAVClubSecretary, Pär Björklund, Scott Matter, Claudius Link, Ysegrim, Sally Strange, Adventurer, geschichtenundmeer, kuki, Giliell, somcak 🐌, ms_xenophora 🐚, Hadley T. Canine 🏳️⚧️, claire :heart_transgender:, T. Austin Brown, Amber, bloom 'n doom (they/them), omg a fluffy alien! 🚀:v_enby:, Carl-Eric, toybox [de], aprilfollies, Kennet the Pellet, demod, Demon Queen Lucretia, Matthew Mercury, Sébastien Alexandre Andrivet, Ohio Rob 🇺🇦 🐶📻, coldclimate, Joe Mansfield, @stevewfolds, Girl about village, HarriettMB., Nick, Dr Otter, flere-imsaho, Ulises Lafuente Ramos, Scott Drummond, Joel Pomales, Martin, Bart Coppens, spiegelmama, Gillian Polack, Slothdude, Passenger, Weltschmerz à Gogo, Oberflächenspannung, GOTV 2024, gothnbass, baconandcoconut, Erica "digifox" Kovac 🌐⚛️⚡, Alon, Stefan Karstens, Dan Howell and 412 other people like this.
biased gluten, Soatok Dreamseeker, Katja ｢Amethyst｣, just adrienne, Stop That, Johannes (Elite Globalist), Claire, Dendan Setia (Nins), Jack Conners (He/They), MacropodCarer: Verified 🌈🦘🦣, Botch Frivarg, sphereinabox, Gombang, Claudius Link, Motte, Giliell, Sally Strange, ShyGal :blob_black_block:, Stephan Lichtenauer | נח סתו, Ord Rad 🍊✌️❤️🤘, short king, Em, Carl-Eric, Lydia "Trivia", Skuppr, Naomi, Charlie Stross, PersonWoman, Prufrax, Inken Paper, Jacob Vardy, 0x506978656C526F626F74🦾🤖, Rama, Dan Sugalski, Girl about village, HarriettMB., Dr Otter, Anthony Steele, Joel Pomales, Passenger, spiegelmama, Bridge&Tunnel Jeff, Mike Richman, baconandcoconut, Dan Hirschman, CaeVye, same as it ever was :antifa:, Jeff Markel, John Chu, Aaron Marks, Mei Lin, tuoba denrael, Nullstring 🏴☠️, Kalamata Hari, Marta Threadbare, lobster :firefish: :gi:, Hilary, Peter Krefting, Parsingphase, LeftOfKarlMarx ☭, Ralf Demuth, Bai Shen, Altytwo Altryness, BS :verified:, Leaf 🏳️⚧️, Leo, Joachim, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen, Lady of Mystery and Science, Thomas_Nocturne, not ch1c, Aoífe 🏴🎛🎹🔊, Jes, Dendari, Just J and 244 other people reshared this.